Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Jollibee Jolly Store Toy Review


I always wanted to try doing a toy review on this Blog but kept putting it off since I don't have that much toys to review to begin with and also that I don't know how to do one. So this will be my first toy review for this Blog and if it goes well I might try to do more in the future. I guess the old saying goes that if you want to learn to swim you got to first jump in the water....and hopefully not drown long enough for you to learn.


I'm big fan of Jollibee but has mostly put off buying every Jollibee kiddie meal toy since due to a lack of available space to display them but when I saw the Jollibee Jolly Store set displayed at a local Jollibee store near our place I knew I had to have the whole set.




Im going to break down each of the five pieces to give my thoughts on what I like and what I didn't like on each of them. Let's face it great as these toys are there is always room for improvement that I feel Jollibee should have went for before the final release.


First up is Jollibee which is a Jolly Store drive through with Jollibee riding a car. It's an excellent looking piece but I'd preferred if they took the liberty to add vinyl stickers on this one like they did the to the Jolly Racers set. Here's a simple comparison of Jollibee's Jolly Racer and the Jolly Store car for reference.


Jollibee's car looks dull and boring sadly and not even a sticker to accent the car headlights at the least. The road track it came with could probably use a lamp post or a sign with a Jollibee logo in it too.


Now we go to the Yum piece which is sort of a delivery garage for the Jolly store toy. Yum's head is sticking out to the side of the truck with a wave which is nice but it's hard for the entire truck to fit into the garage due to this feature. 


The van headlights of the van lights up though which is a nice touch and the van stickers is good too. Would have been nice if the garage door sort of open and closes but that's just me.


Next up is Twirlie. She's the one who takes the orders in the drive through part of the Jolly store and Twirlie does a little wave when you slide a switch at the front. It comes with a nice sticker with the Jollibee 40th Anniversary logo and a sticker for a menu. It's definitely an improvement to the Jollibee piece with no stickers to go with. It's a decent piece.



Third on is Hetti where he slides out and gives a bag when you slide a jollibee sign at the right top part of the toy. I like how the the letters are embossed on the Jollibee sign as well as the Jollibee logo.


They could have probably painted the letters on the Jollibee sign you slide at the top red and the small Jollibee logo at the top could probably have been painted as well or maybe replaced with a sticker I find it barely visible unless you take a long hard look.


Lastly we go to the Popo piece where he rides a delivery bike much like the one Jollibee uses in the Jolly fun store set only smaller and a different driver this time. Here's a comparison of the Jollibee in the Jolly Fun Store set and the Jolly Store set just to get the size difference of the two.



There stickers for the bike, the parking lot and the nice sign at the top for this set. You can also press the Jollibee sign on top and it launches the bike forward. This is clearly my favorite in the Jolly Store set set since theres really nothing to add to this set save maybe a Jollibee poster on the parking wall.


If you are fond of collecting Minifigs and the likes than this is a good set to get since it's about the right size for them. I've put my minifig to illustrate the size compatibility of this set. 


I don't know if its intentional but Jollibee did a great job at designing this set. This is one of the main reason I wanted to have this set since there's really no Jollibee minifig store set available yet that Im aware of. The fun part is how these sets connect into each other.


For all the tiny details they could have put to improve this I still feel this is a great toy set for Jollibee and is probably of their best since it also cater to the adult and teenage collectors due to its compatibility great compatibility with minifigs.


Overall the entire set is great and the little improvements that I feel lacking can be fixed with a printer and maybe a few colored markers. 


Im sure Jollibee probably did most of these on purpose for real toy collectors to do their own customization on the set just like adding weathering on a mecha toy. Clearly a must buy not just for kids but for most toy collectors.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikke: Goddess of Victory - Gun wielding Waifu vs Anime Terminators

Goddess of Victory: Nikke  is a third-person sci-fi themed railgun style shooter game developed by Shift Up and is published by Level Infini...