Tuesday, December 18, 2018

How I Score the Movies in My Review


Some of you might be wondering how I score movies in my reviews so I thought I'd make a short article to explain how I do them. It's not going to guarantee you are  going to agree with my methods of scoring but hey everyone has they own way of judging movies and that's the beauty of movie review and opinion in the internet.


Hopefully after reading this you will get an idea on how I do them and hopefully have a little fun reading this article. So baseball bats, torches and pitchforks down and no hate please.



Usually my score follows the usual format of scores ranging from 7.0 to 10 being the highest. A rank of 7.0 is the typical not really good film of like "Seeing this movie was a big mistake" and "I want a refund" levels of bad. Basically a waste of time and money to see these film. Mostly the movies you will only watch when you're really bored and there's really nothing else good to watch.


Since I tend to be rather selective on what I watch and not watch every movie that come out of the woodwork this score of 8.0 or lower has never happened. And also I only watch movies that I have somewhat of an interest which is mostly sci-fi and superhero movies in general films are already somewhat filtered out so having that low level of score won't ever appear.


Movies I score around the 9.0 mark are movies that I enjoyed but since movie taste differ for everyone some might find these movies more enjoyable or vice versa. The nice thing about these reviews is everyone is ok to love or hate movies depending on how they view them.


Movies scoring a 9.5 to 10 are movies I really love and the type of movies I'd easily recommend. This are also the movies I'd probably re-watch again if given the chance or get a blue ray or 4k copy of. But like horror movies in general if you're not a fan of horror films even if I give said horror film a high score you still won't enjoy it as much as I did. So the score isn't really a guaranteed win for everyone.


There's also the fact that giving a horror film a high score doesn't guarantee it's the best movie. It's just a horror film I really enjoyed compared to other horror movies I have already seen. Same goes with sci-fi, action and animated movies. So a high scored animated movie is most likely just a really good animated film in that specific genre.


Of course this score system is my score system and doesn't apply to everyone. Movies impact audiences and viewers differently so it's ok to not love or like a certain movie. Scores in the end much like movie reviews vary and I think that always a good thing.
    




No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikke: Goddess of Victory - Gun wielding Waifu vs Anime Terminators

Goddess of Victory: Nikke  is a third-person sci-fi themed railgun style shooter game developed by Shift Up and is published by Level Infini...