Sunday, June 10, 2018

How to Train Your Dragon the Hidden World Trailer Reaction


A little bit late for the party. The trailer of How to Train Your Dragon 3 The Hidden World has already come out and it's just now I'm posting my reaction to it. Sorry for the delay as I've been feeling under the weather and been rather busy on other things these past few days.


I'm a big fan of the first How to Train Your Dragon movie back in 2010 and I thought it was great and it can easily be one of my Top Ten movies of that year.



Sadly I haven't watched the second movie yet so I'm going to react at the trailer without any knowledge on the events that took place in the second movie. I did hear the second movie was good but not as great as the first one. So you will have to forgive me if I'm going to react to this probably half blind.


Right off the bat I'm glad that the animation for How to Train your Dragon the Hidden World is still as good, or maybe even better than it was than the first film. And we are teased to some sort of underground/underwater world of dragons. Something definitely out of a Dungeons and Dragon fantasy novel.


We also get to see a grown up Hiccup for a few seconds sporting a look that reminds me so much of the new Captain America look from Infinity War...or else a distant cousin of John Wick. I like to note that I like his outfit here with the Nightfury shoulder medal and all.


I can't stress how good certain parts of this trailer was so well detailed and animated. The texture, the lighting, the angle everything just blends so nicely I'd probably go see it just from the visuals alone.


Eventually we see this white dragon female Light Fury which is pretty much Toohless if he was white, has less scales and is a female. I like how this new female dragon which Toothless seem to really like has wings that glitter and not just a color swap of Toothless. Will the glitter play a magical role to this new dragon? Guess we will have to see in the future.


We also introduced to some new villain who hunts Night Fury which explains why Toothless is probably the last of his kind in their world. Since I haven't watched the second film I'm not sure if this new antagonist connects to the second one. He doesn't seem to be all that much of a villain aside from maybe commanding an armada of ships for now. Hope we can see how much of a Night Fury hunter he is in the movie that he is such a big threat.


Aside from Astrid a lot of Hiccups fellow dragon riders aren't on the trailer. maybe they wanted to concentrate on those two more perhaps. Personally one of the charms of How to Train Your Dragon is how the characters plays out of each other.


I like how they show scenes from the first movie. It's like the entire tale of a teenage Viking and his friend dragon is finally going full circle.


My only major bad take out on this is that the trailer seem to give too much of the plot or maybe even the ending of the film itself. I do feel like I know what's the main plot of the movie already just by this trailer alone. I hope its not and I hope they keep a lot more good stuff for the movie itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikke: Goddess of Victory - Gun wielding Waifu vs Anime Terminators

Goddess of Victory: Nikke  is a third-person sci-fi themed railgun style shooter game developed by Shift Up and is published by Level Infini...