Sunday, December 31, 2017

Cosplay Matsuri 2017

Cosplay Matsuri is one of the most highly anticipated cosplay event of the year. Sadly due to a busy Christmas schedule me and some cosplay friends only managed to go on the third and last day of the J-theme event. We left home early that Saturday morning to avoid traffic and also so we can check out all the merchant and artist booths before we decide to suit up in our respective costumes.


Cosplay Matsuri aims to combine the festive fun of a Matsuri Festival to that of Cosplay giving folks the best hybrid of both. Brought to you by the folks at Cosplaymania Its a three day event held at the SMX Convention Center in MOA from Dec 28 to 30, 2017. This is the second Cosplay Matsuri event in the Country with the first Cosplay Matsuri being held also in the same venue and date of the year. Only this time its being held in two Function halls now. So double the space double the enjoyment.



We bought our tickets from the SM Ticket Outlet at the MOA ground floor to avoid the long lines. I readied my camera so I can take some quick photos as our tickets get checked and we get stamped. This is my first Cosplay Matsuri event as I wasn't able to attend the first one last year but I heard a lot of good things about it from friends, so Im really excited


I immediately notice a gaming booth set up at the front of the entrance with fans trying out the latest in virtual reality gaming. Near it is a booth that sells mini figs. I notice they also have the latest Sailormoon figs that I read from the internet was released just recently this year.


Theres a booth to the left that was turned into a japanese Charms Wall the type you usually find in matsuri shrines in Japan beside it some folks are preparing a small area to be used for the Sumo Skirmish. Those Sumo Skirmish are always fun.. A fake footbridge with sakura blossom that add to the Matsuri feel of the event.


Theres quite a number of booths crowded with costumers that sell anime figs, mugs, pins, keychain, nendoroids, cosplay pillows and gundam. A lot of the characters I dont even recognize since I havent been updated to anime as much as I wanted due to my busy schedule but Im sure the folks that gathered there


A familiar booth that sells anime and cosplay inspired clothing where I bought a hoodie and a jacket some time back alongside a booth that sells anime shirt and anime wallpaper. I managed to say hello to some cosplayer and some photographers while I was there.


We had a quick lunch at got suited up in our costume and returned to the event area. I also managed to get a photos of cosplayers in between. A lot of them are planning to join the Dokuen Cosplay Contest and at least one I know will be joining the Anisong It Singing Contest. I headed to the Artist Area to buy some custom keychain for my bag which is located at the left side of the stage where a Cosplay Auction is currently being held.




The rest of the day was spent with taking photos and enjoying the many freebies and activities Cosplay Matsuri has to offer. I was with a group and we had  our photos taken at the Jumanji booth and we also had our picture taken at the Cosplay Diorama booth beside the entrance. I also got to met some dear friends who had booths selling fan art and anime inspired accessories. Sadly we had to leave early as its a long way back home and we dont want to stay up late.


The Cosplay Matsuri experience is a really enjoyable event for me with lots to offer for both otaku and geek in everyone. Although some folks would probably shy away from it due to the ticket prices as that means less money to buy left for that favorite cosplay merchandise or anime figure. But Im sure the organizers of this awesome event already has that in consideration by the time the third Cosplay Matsuri rolls in.








2 comments:

  1. **You deleted my comment xD
    Going to repost it hahaha

    I always notice your photo editing, too much vibrance and vignettes and you need to learn more on photo editing.. not just to stick on one side Lol. Also, when focusing an object... Do not forget to use LAW OF DEPTH OF FIELD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips.
    But Ill just stick with what Im using right now.

    Oh and if your post got deleted its probably not me that did it

    ReplyDelete

Nikke: Goddess of Victory - Gun wielding Waifu vs Anime Terminators

Goddess of Victory: Nikke  is a third-person sci-fi themed railgun style shooter game developed by Shift Up and is published by Level Infini...