Thursday, May 31, 2018

Philippines Gundam Model Kit Contest 2018


Due to my busy schedule I havent been able to catch up with the latest Gundam series that has been so hot in Japan unlike some of my friends have but I don't think that makes me less of a fan.


So when I heard about GMKC 2018 is going to be held at SM Megamall I took it upon myself to at least visit said event  even if for at least a day. And boy am I so glad I did.



Weather was kind of fickle as it was too hot most of the day yet the day I decided to go to the Gundam Event it started to rain. But a little rain isn't going to stop me since I've faced worst weather conditions before.


Gundam Model Kit Contest happen only once a year and I have already missed my chance seeing it last year due to other commitments so I'm not going to let this one pass.


The event will run from May 25 to June 6, 2018 which is where model kit masters showcase their prized model kits in the hopes on bagging the prices of seeing the Gundam Docks in Hongkong.


This year its held at the Building A of SM Megamall ground floor in front of the Toy Kingdom Main entrance beside the SM Megamall Food Court. While as last year it was held in SM North 4th Floor of the Cyber Zone Area.


About more than three hundred or more participants joined this year by my rough estimate viewing the in all the five toy categories that is usually divided by age and gundam type.


Aside from the usual cash, trophy and This year prices include a round trip ticket to see the Gundam Docks in Hongkong which is a dream come true for any gundam fan.


And what's a Gundam event without gundam toys for for sale at really cheap prices. And some rather new Gundam toy line fresh from abroad. All I can say is these toys are getting better and more detailed with is new toy  line they release.


Theres even the Gundam Caravan there where kids seven years old and above get their hands to building basic gundam kits. A little icing on the cake to the event and a welcome treat if you're a casual fan or new to gundam building.


If you are ever in the Philippines or in the Metro you can still catch the display and the awarding on the June 2 to 3 and the exhibit before it closes.



Giant mecha robots is one of every kids sci-fi fantasy. Very few manga, anime series capture this concept and has continued to awe kids and kids at heart alike like the Gundam series has.


The very first episode being aired as far back as the 1980 and with more than 15 years of experience on its back it continues to be strong and become one of the most loved of the genre. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikke: Goddess of Victory - Gun wielding Waifu vs Anime Terminators

Goddess of Victory: Nikke  is a third-person sci-fi themed railgun style shooter game developed by Shift Up and is published by Level Infini...