Friday, December 22, 2017

The 12th Christmas and Collectibles Fair, Day 2

I just got out of the theater that day after watching Starwars the Last Jedi for the second time at Glorietta 4 that morning compliments of sir Oliver. me and a group of cosplay friends of mine headed off to SM Megamall for the annual Christmas Toys and Collectibles Fair currently being held there. Traffic was hell as usual due to the Christmas rush during this time of the year and we managed to arrive at the event proper at around two in the afternoon. Plenty of time.


It was a cloudy Saturday and it was already the second day of the Toy Fair. But hey Its generally a Toy Convention, I like toys, so I'm excited. Sure id probably wont buy much due to my abysmal budget but sometimes just checking out the booths and meeting up with friends and what not is at times always worth the price of admission.



Im glad they maintained a one hundred peso ticket price this year as well. More folks can afford it and enjoy the many things the event has to offer. As for toy collectors its mostly less money to spend on the entrance ticket and more to spend on actually buying toys. A win, win situation for both organizer and toy collectors if you ask me.



Sure enough the event area is packed that I can barely have enough space to take a decent photos. Oh and I did manage to say hello to a few owners of the booths there. Seems like they still remember me from the last time I bought some stuff from their stores. I also met some fellow cosplayers that are both in and out of costume at that time just enjoying the event. I also met up with some fellow photogs too. Im really surprised at how many folks I know and know me already.



The event offered an array of toys, comics and collectibles booth sales for the collectors in everyone. Big names such as Sperry, Hobbiestock Collectibles, Authority Hoodie, Perry in Disguise, Playboxx, HatahHatah, Anotoys, BigBoys Toystore, Kramer: Toy Warden, Geek Universe, Your Comic Shop, T-Tees, Merch and Wear just to name a few. I'm surprised at how they could fit all of that into one Hall but no real complaints here. It was simply awesome.


There was a live toy auction for collectors was held every hour for toy collectors and otaku alike to get their hands on those really rare finds which was a staple for ToyCon since the first time I attended it back in 2012. I remember buying a plushie and a Transformers from the auction last time I was here.



There is even a toy donation drive for the kids as ToyCon Philippines and Sinagtala teams up with Heroes Call for the benefit of the kids at Marawi. It was always nice to see hobbyist enjoy their hobby and help the needy at the same time.





They also held a Cosplay Christmas Contest that Saturday for cosplayers and a World Cosplay Summit NCR qualifies on Sunday.

Sadly I promised someone Id be home early that Saturday so I left the event earlier than usual but promised to come back the following day for my Day 3 coverage of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikke: Goddess of Victory - Gun wielding Waifu vs Anime Terminators

Goddess of Victory: Nikke  is a third-person sci-fi themed railgun style shooter game developed by Shift Up and is published by Level Infini...