Saturday, May 18, 2019

Geekatana Food Review: Classic Milk tea McFloat and Wintermelon McFloat


Milk tea drinks has always been a guilty pleasure for me. I've probably tried most of the well known Milk tea shops in the Metro and even some local not so well known ones. On top of that I'm also a big fan of McDonald's. So when I found out McDonalds is going to have a Milk Tea McFloat on their menu I know I have to try it and make a review of it.

McDonalds has always been my go to place for their delicious fries, ice coffee and my personal favorite strawberry ice cream. And I'd probably tried everything on their menu by now so I'm really excited for this Classic Milk tea McFloat and Wintermelon McFloat they have introduced. 

We ordered both the Classic Milk tea Float and Wintermelon Float both in large sizes via Take Out along with a large fries and a cheeseburger to go with it but for this review I'm just going to concentrate on the McFloat since the fries and the cheeseburgers are already winners in my book.

This was released last May 17 on all McDonalds branches so if you like to try a Milktea with a creamy vanilla soft serve you might want to head out to your local mcDonalds branch and get your hands on these.



First off the Classic Milk tea McFloat taste like what you would expect and nothing fancy. In fact it leans a bit too much on the tea aspect of the flavor that I can barely taste the vanilla ice cream anymore. It's definitely not like the sweet creamy Milk tea you would often get in most Milk tea shops. 

I'm not sure if McDonalds did it on purpose or there is something wrong with the Milk tea float that I got but I think their Classic Milk tea McFloat would definitely benefit with a little more sugar and milk since most pilipinos like sweets a lot. Sadly but I have to say that I've tasted better tasting Classic Milk Tea drinks from other lesser known milktea shops.


The Wintermelon McFloat was ok though although it taste like your standard Wintermelon flavor you can practically get in most milk tea shop and the added taste of the Vanilla ice cream is barely there. I think it's more of the vanilla ice cream to Wintermelon milk tea ratio. You buy a bigger size you get the same amount of vanilla ice cream you get when you buy a regular size one. The Wintermelon Milktea sachet of a certain coffee brand tasted way better sadly.


Overall both the Wintermelon McFloat and Classic Milk tea McFloat was ok but sadly has nothing new to offer that wasn't done in other milk tea shops before. I'd suggest folks get the Wintermelon McFloat sicne it's easily the better McFloat milk tea of the two. The issue with the lack of milk and sugar of the Classic Milk tea McFloat can easily be remedied by a few sachet of sugar and creamer you can request over the counter however.

I know I'll probably get a lot of hate from McDonalds and its hardcore fans for this but I got to be honest with myself. I love McDonalds but as far as Milk Tea goes it still has a bit of a ways to go before it can go toe to toe with the other milk tea shops in this account. 



Still this is a good starting point for McDonalds and with a little improvement they would do better. And should they want to expand their Milktea McFloat menu and really get into the Milk tea craze that is still the trend all over the Metro. Personally I'd love to see a Taro Milk tea McFloat and maybe a Strawberry Milk tea from the good folks of McDonald's in the future.


photos from McDonalds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikke: Goddess of Victory - Gun wielding Waifu vs Anime Terminators

Goddess of Victory: Nikke  is a third-person sci-fi themed railgun style shooter game developed by Shift Up and is published by Level Infini...