Monday, January 22, 2018

Manila Hobbies and Collectibles Convention 2018

What better way to start the year right than indulging oneself into ones Hobby. This is what Manila Hobbies & Collectibles Convention 2018 was all about. Considered as one of the first major otaku/geek event of the year 2018, the event caters to toy enthusiast and collectors from both eastern and western side of the Hobby. I got to SM Megamall at around pass two in the afternoon which was longer than anticipated since I had trouble getting a ride that day which was odd since it was a Sunday. I got myself a bottle of water at the SM Foodcourt and headed up the fifth floor where the event was being held.


Brought by Hobby at Worx, the same folks behind such awesome events like Collecticon and TagCom and a lot more others. Manila Hobbies and Collectibles Convention 2018 was a two day event from January 20 and 21 during the weekends held at Megatrade Hall 3 of SM Megamall in the Philippines.


It was already the second day of the event and I was supposed to go on the first day too but sadly got prior commitments. Once inside I checked out the Voltez V
Manila Run which Im still deciding if I want to go since Im a big fan of the Voltes V franchise and I like the shirt sadly Im really bad at running due to an injured foot that never really healed. Ah well you win some, you lose some.


I passed by the Artist booth on the way to the Gundam booth and found some really cool artwork sadly they dont have custom made bag tags for sale there since I wanted to buy a new one for my bag. maybe something Starwars or fate Stay Night which are two of my favorite fandoms.




Fans of the Gundam franchise surely had a lot of fun visiting the Gundam booth area where folks new and old to the fandom get to build their own starter kit Gundam for freeI notice some of the Gunpla are half priced so its a good time to buy that Gundam Unicorn you always had your eye on since last year. While I was there I took some photos of the Gundam model kits they got on display.


I also said hello to a few friends and fellow cosplayers and photographers who are checking out the event as well. It's so nice to know they still recognize you out of costume. I was planning to cosplay that day but my costume is out in the cleaners for the weekend.


Theres a bunch of booths with otaku merchandise ranging from anime figures to collectable pins. I even found a figure of Shion Uzuki wearing an outfit she wore during the third and final installment of Xenosaga. Just one of a few characters I recognize in the pile of other great characters figures I found.



Being a big Starwars fan my favorite would be the Starwars figures they got on display. But I also like the others as well like that big Devastator figure they got on display. I like the new Transformers movie version but G1 Transformers still holds a special place for me.


Id like to take this moment to say a big congratulation to the winners sir Gio Regorgo, Monty.MendigoriaJennylyn Castro for taking the runners up awards and Izabel Cortez for taking the Grand Price in the cosplay competition later that day. To the other cosplayers who joined there will be future cosplay contest so keep it up.



Big name seller and traders of toys, geek and otaku merchandise set up booths at Manila Hobbies and Collectibles Convention such as Hatah hatah, Hobbiestock Collectibles, Coca Cola Cars Toys Shop, Gunpla, KikoToys, Retro Toys Collection, Hobbykotoys, ThisPlay Inc, and Perry in Disguise just to name some of them. They even got comics from JCS and Collectable Cards. 

Congrats to sir Gio and sir Monty for getting the Runner Up Prices

Congrats to Jennylyn for getting the runner up price

Congrats to Izabel Cortes for bagging the grand price 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikke: Goddess of Victory - Gun wielding Waifu vs Anime Terminators

Goddess of Victory: Nikke  is a third-person sci-fi themed railgun style shooter game developed by Shift Up and is published by Level Infini...