Thursday, January 11, 2018

Cosplay Geek Highlight: David D'Angelo

I've remember meeting sir David D'Angelo back in 2012 during the A CausetoPlay: 1st Rizal Park Costume Play Convention.  It was a cosplay tourism/charity event held at Luneta Park Philippines. It had everything you'd expect from a cosplay convention short of the cosplay booths. We also entertained folks at Bahay Walang Hagdanan - a non-stock, non-profit and non-government organization that aims to uplift the lives of the Orthopedically handicapped persons.


It was my first experience of doing charity events while in costume and its one of my best event since cosplaying. Sir Angelo taught me that you can enjoy cosplay and help bring smile to kids and total stranger. He is well known and loved by the cosplay community in the Philippines. His Mr. Satan cosplay is done to near perfection right down to Mr. Satan mannerism and he even sounds like the actual character in the Dragon ball franchise as well. I'm so glad I got to feature him in my Blog. I also asked him a few cosplay questions about cosplay.


1. When did you start cosplaying?

"I started cosplaying in August 2010 in an event at SM City Baliwag. I hosted and organized it. It was also my worst cosplay hahahha."


2. What's your favorite cosplay character?

"My favorites would be Mr. Satan and Kratos I like when people get entertained and relate to my cosplay. Also the fiends in the community are awesome."


3. What has cosplaying taught you?

"It taught me to be more open to people, enjoy life, have fun and share my joy to others."


4. What tips can you give to folks who want to get into cosplay?

"If you want to go into cosplay, cosplay someone you like and can relate to. The fun is when people will associate you to that character already even if you are not in costume. Have fun and do not bash."


David D'Angelo has also cosplayed other anime characters and from games and western fandom as well like Killer Bee from the anime Naruto and Bane from the Batman franchise, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kratos and even Mcfarlane Spawn. 








Cosplayer: David D'Angelo

Photographers:



credits to the other photographers too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nikke: Goddess of Victory - Gun wielding Waifu vs Anime Terminators

Goddess of Victory: Nikke  is a third-person sci-fi themed railgun style shooter game developed by Shift Up and is published by Level Infini...